Community Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC)
The purpose of the Community Planning Advisory Committee is to provide advice to Council and staff on matters respecting land use, community planning, sustainable development or proposed bylaws and permits under Divisions 2, 7, 9 and 11 of Part 26 of the Local Government Act, and to receive public input and provide recommendations on Development Permits.
The Committee will, consistent with the general purpose described above, advise Council and staff regarding the following:
- Official Community Plan (OCP) including amendments, federal, provincial or regional planning initiatives or neighbouring municipal development plans that may affect the OCP;
- Municipal plans, policies or strategies such as transportation, economic development or harbour development, and sustainable development initiatives, that affect Delta's OCP;
- Zoning Bylaws, Development Permits, Development Variance Permits, Heritage Revitalization Agreements, and
- Other items referred by Council.
[ back to top ]
The Committee meets on the 1st Thursday of each month and/or at the Call of the Chair. Meeting dates are subject to change and should be confirmed by calling (604) 946-3220.
The Committee shall consist of ten (10) members appointed or as otherwise directed by Council, who shall serve without compensation as follows:
- Two (2) member of Council (Chair and Vice Chair)
- Eight (8) community members
Non-voting members from the following departments may be appointed by Council from time-to-time to provide professional opinions in any advisory capacity to the Committee:
- Community Planning and Development Department
- Engineering Department
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Department
Community representatives may be called upon as non-voting members as required.
|Voting||Cllr. Bruce McDonald, Chair|
|Cllr. Jeannie Kanakos, Vice Chair|
|Trevor De Jaray|
|Staff Liaison||Mike Ruskowski, Community Planner - Community Planning and Development|
[ back to top ]