Heritage Commission Scholarship
The Delta Heritage Commission Scholarship is awarded annually to a graduating high school student residing in Delta. This scholarship is provided in an effort to encourage students to display an interest in local or regional heritage, as demonstrated through an original piece of work. The scholarship is valued at $750 and is applied to a student's post-secondary studies (valid for all post-secondary institutions, including colleges, universities, technical and trade school programs, art schools, or any other career oriented coursework or program).
The Delta Heritage Advisory Commission recognizes the importance of higher education in our mandate in promoting public education and awareness in the area of local and regional heritage, conservation and preservation.
The 2013 submission process closed on May 15, 2013. Applications are currently being reviewed.
How to Apply
- Delta Heritage Commission Scholarship Application Form
- Heritage Commission Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria
- 2012 - 1st place: Aaron Meier; 2nd Place: Alexander Gaio; (Honourable Mentions: Monica Nedrend, Adam Patterson, Curtis Hacault).
- 2011 - Ms. Allyson Wollin
- 2010 - C.J. Pentland (Honourable mention recipients Keara Mager and Andy Stevens)
- 2009 - Ms. Marlena Ginocchio
- 2008 - Ms. Teri Jones (Honourable mention Amy Kolinsky)
For more information, please contact Community Planning & Development at (604) 946-3380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.