Spring Clean-Up is an annual program where normal garbage volume limits are waived and residents can place excess or bulky household material at the curbside for collection.
2013 Spring Clean-Up was held in April and is now complete. 2014 Spring Clean-Up dates will be posted at the end of 2013.
**Do not set out Spring Clean-Up materials any sooner than the weekend prior to your scheduled collection. Failure to comply with any of the program regulations may result in residents being charged for the removal of material.
Please ensure only ACCEPTED material is placed at the curb for collection. Collection crews will not sort through unaccepted material.
The amount of garbage you set out at the curbside for Spring Clean-Up cannot exceed a pick-up truck load (8' x 4' x 3' or 2.4m x 1.2m x 0.9m).
- Miscellaneous household items bagged or bundled
- Scrap metal for recycling: - Separate metal items such as dishwashers, stoves, washing machines, dryers, hot water tanks, barbeques, metal lawn furniture and bicycles from the non-recyclables at the curb
- Scrap metal will be picked up after the non-recyclable items
The following items are not accepted as part of Spring Clean-Up:
- Items that cannot be handled by two people
- Mattresses and box springs
- Loose material (small miscellaneous items must be bagged or bundled)
- Light fixtures (ceiling fans and lights, table lamps etc.)
- Yard trimmings, stumps, rocks, dirt and sod
- Liquids of any type
- Auto parts, tires and batteries
- Electronics, including personal computers, printers, small appliances, TVs, audio/visual equipment, power tools, electric toys, sewing machines, treadmills
- Blue box, yellow and blue bag recyclable materials
- Propane tanks, paint, solvents and any other hazardous material
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners
- Construction, demolition and home renovation materials:
- Counter tops, plumbing fixtures, kitchen cabinets, sheds, fences or other structures and all new and used lumber
- Floor coverings such as carpet, linoleum, tile and hardwood floors
- Concrete, gyproc, plywood and roofing materials
- Other items prohibited from disposal at the Vancouver Landfill (for a complete list visit vancouver.ca/landfill)
Most of the items not accepted for Spring Clean-Up are recyclable as part of the Province's Take-Back programs. Visit our recycling directory or call the BC Recycling Hotline at 604-RECYCLE for recycling options.
Have questions about Spring Clean-Up? Contact Delta's Engineering Department at (604) 946-3260 or email email@example.com
[ back to top ]