Social Media Disclaimer
The Corporation of Delta welcomes and encourages open dialogue on our social media channels and looks forward to comments and suggestions from our citizens. Before you post, please make sure you read our social media disclaimer below.
The opinions and/or views expressed on the Corporation of Delta social media channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages, represents the thoughts of individuals and online communities, and not solely those of the Corporation of Delta.
The Corporation of Delta will make reasonable efforts to monitor, measure, moderate and engage the communities on our social media channels. We will strive to acknowledge comments or queries within 24 hours of posting. Our response times may differ depending on the volume of posts that we receive.
The Corporation of Delta will only monitor and respond to comments on our social media pages during standard business hours unless required otherwise.
The Corporation of Delta and its employees will take all possible steps to ensure that all the information posted is complete and accurate. If a posting is discovered to be inaccurate we will do our best to correct it immediately. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, is given with respect to the contents of social media or its links to other online resources.
Posts on our social media sites will not be moderated before they appear. However, the Corporation of Delta reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems are inappropriate.
Users who do not adhere to the following guidelines may have their comments and privileges edited or removed:
- Be polite: Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and posts containing discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content will be removed.
- Personal attacks: We recognize that questioning, constructive arguments and opinions are part of conversation, but posts with aggressive personal attacks will be removed immediately.
- Personal information: For your own safety and the safety of others, posts which are defamatory, violate privacy and/or include personal information including your own will be removed.
- On-topic comments:We remind all discussion participants to stay on topic. Off topic comments and postings will be removed to encourage and facilitate effective discussions.
- Political comments: Blatantly partisan comments, such as those explicitly in support of/or detracting from a candidate or potential candidate will be removed.
- Comment spam:Posts deemed as spam and/or explicit commercial endorsements will be removed immediately.
- Blocking:Individuals who repeatedly break discussion guidelines will be contacted about their behaviour. In extreme conditions, users may be banned from participating. We want everyone's voice to be heard, please respect the rules.
Community members that have questions regarding the moderation policy can forward their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting content to any of the Corporation of Delta social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and as such, is considered a public record.
Last updated: Sept 22, 2011
[ back to top ]